Candler Elementary School staff, parents, and community will work together to ensure that all our students are prepared to continue on the path toward college and a career of their choosing. Stakeholders will collaborate to create and maintain a safe, caring, rigorous, and engaging learning environment to fulfill our mission. Central to this mission is our school promise:
“At Candler School, we are a family of life-long learners.
We will show Caring, positive Attitude, Teamwork
We are the Candler CATS even when no one is watching!”
We believe that all students can learn and deserve the best instruction possible.
- We believe that a safe, supportive, and inviting school environment is essential for student learning.
- We believe individuals become good citizens when expectations are high, where respect is given and received, and we are all held accountable for academic and personal success.
- We believe students learn best by:
- Promoting daily interaction with caring, competent, and enthusiastic role models.
- Engaging in hands-on activities, questions, problem solving, and making significant connections to the ever-changing global community.
- Involving the family, community, and school as partners, sharing and collaborating about learning.
- Considering individual learning styles and cultural differences.
- We believe that individual and small group instruction enhances student learning.