The safety of each student who rides a bus is our greatest concern. It is important that home and school work together to make certain that all children know and follow school bus safety rules. Rules for bus safety and expectations for bus behavior are emphasized at school and each bus driver is urged to insist on the cooperation of each rider. Please remind your child(ren) that bus ridership is a privilege and review these expectations/rules with them.
- Meet Candler CATS behavior expectations at all times.
- WALK calmly to and from the bus.
- Students must remain in original or assigned seat and facing the front of the bus during
the entire bus trip unless directed to move by the bus driver.
- Students may not delay the bus schedule and should be at the designated stop AT
LEAST five (5) minutes prior to the scheduled time. The bus cannot wait for students
who are not at the stop.
- Fighting, bullying, eating, drinking, loud talking, horseplay, selling items, using profanity,
or refusing to obey school authorities or a bus driver while waiting for, riding, or leaving
a school bus will not be tolerated.
- Students must enter and exit the bus at the designated stop unless permission for
the change has been given from the school office. All transportation changes must be
in writing. No changes will be taken over the telephone.
- Vandalism and tampering with the buses will not be permitted. A fee will be charged
for damages to buses.
- Approved (i.e., a completed and authorized BYOD form is on file at school)
electronic devices must be contained inside a backpack while being transported (refer to
“Bring Your Own Device Statement of Use”, pages 9-11 for more details about devices
and responsibilities). Any other electronic device (ex., music players, electronic games,
digital cameras, etc.) is not allowed unless requested in writing by the teacher. Candler
School is not responsible for damaged, lost, or confiscated items.
- Keep hands, feet, and objects out of the aisles and to yourself.
- Student must not throw any item(s) or object(s) from the school bus.
Failure to follow bus rules will be reported to the school office and may result in a warning, parent notification, an assigned seat, or bus suspension depending on the severity of the problem and the student’s prior bus discipline infractions. When a bus suspension is required, the suspension will begin the day following student/parent notification. Severe disruptions (ex. Fighting) can result in an immediate suspension from the bus. Cameras are installed on buses to monitor behavior.